I note the intention to overhaul the DX Spot display for version 1.3.0, currently slated for October release.
Please consider the following enhancements. I realise some will be too much to expect but any improvement would be good.
1. That the spot display font be user definable. Since the change to accommodate 4K displays, the font changed to one that is less readable and broader, like it is a bold font, which takes too much space and worsens the clutter.
2. That an anti-overlap algorithm be employed, maybe by using two lines for spots, to again improve clarity and reduce clutter.
3. A Persistence Value should be available to allow the spots to have a lifetime and die after x minutes. There should also be a button for the user to completely clear the spot display.
4. Some kind of basic filtering would be the greatest enhancement. Programming ESDR2 with a background basic prefix by continent table would allow the user to filter spots by geographic region. Thus, for example, European users could stop EU spots from being posted to the Panorama.
5. SDC v8 and v9 compatibility be maintained so that any change of colours does not clash with the New, Mult and Dupe scheme that outputs spots to ESDR2 in green, red and grey.
73 de Erik EI4KF.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
This is a good example of how DX Spot rendering could be improved in ESDR2. Note that the Spots do not overlap. Coupled with basic filtering by Continent, and we would have a good solution.
Attachment spectrum.jpg not found
This is not radio specific, by the way. The image just happens to be from a Flex but actually the components are N1MM+ and CW Skimmer 2.0 which can send the DX Spot output to the logger via UDP Packets. The TCI innovation, if not already capable, should be able to do the same, with the integration encompassing not only CW Skimmer 2.0 but also Yuri's SDC Skimmer Server.